The earliest lawn bowling green in the Comox Valley were in Cumberland bill by the Dunsmure Mining Company in the 1930’s. At first men only bowled at the club, women were allowed to bowl at a later date.
Interest in lawn bowling in Courtenay started when it was brought up in a City Council meeting in March, 1926.
The Mayor of the day Frank McPherson had a green at his home on Clife Avenue.
May 1, 1935 Cumberland players were invited to the opening of the Courtenay Green in Lewis Park, with Mayor C. Simms officiating. Courtenay Lawn Bowling Club was affiliated with the BCLBA the same year.
Renovations to the original clubhouse started in 1972 when there was a revival of interest in the sport. Telma Anderson and Kay Veitch were asked to start a lawn bowling program, which continues today.
- A grant from New Horizons allowed for the building of an addition on to the clubhouse, which opened for the summer games in 1981.
- Membership in 1982 was 76.
- The club's first president was John Carneal.
- The club moved from Lewis Park to present location in John Moore's Park in 1995.