Our history page is under construction, please visit our Trophy Pages to see the the winners going back to 1975. Click here for more
The Earliest bowling greens in the Comox Valley were in Cumberland but by the Dunsmuir Mining Company in the 1930’s. It was men only at first; later women bowled.
Interest in lawn bowling in Courtenay started when it was brought up in City Council meeting in March 1926. Mayor Frank McPherson had a green at his home on Cliffe Avenue.
May 1st, 1935 Cumberland players were invited to the opening of the Courtenay Greens with Mayor C. Simms officiating at Lewis Park.
The club was affiliated with the BCLBA the same year.
1995 the club moved to its present location at Bill Moores Park
Renovations to the small clubhouse started in 1972 when there was a revival of interest. Thelma Anderson and Kay Veitch were asked to start the Seniors in the activity of lawn bowling and it has continued to grow since.
A grant from the New Horizons allowed us to build an addition on to the clubhouse and it was opened for the Summer Games in August 1981.
Membership in 1982 was 76